Friday, June 02, 2006

Welcome to June 2006..

and I have had to put my vest back on. Grey. Clouds. Drizzle. Not exactly the start of summer I was hoping for.

Today I have been mostly pondering the many options for the letters PMT

Post Modernist Theory
Project Manager Today
Popular Mince Tart
Play My Thang
Pre Millenium Tension
Pints Mean Thirst
Points Mean Trinkets
Practice Mud Throwing
People Must Try
Poor-Man's Templates
After watching Sir David last night - Plant More/Many Trees

Why I hear you cry? Well being female brings with it some weird mood shifts depending on the moon in the sky and the tidal timings.

Okay Okay no point being euphemistic - I had/have PMT. I felt like staying in bed this morning, curled around a hot water bottle and drifting in and out of sleep while listening to the radio. As it was I got up. Puffy eyes, brain like a scrambled egg breakfast, feeling like I was a size 16 and not a 12, and the distinct feeling that I was best out of harm's way - namely my own from self inflicted accident and others' from the point of view I was likely to offend. Needless to say inertia meant my walk to work was laboured - the several Panadol's still taking their time to kick in. I was a bit late and made the executive decision to read the Software Estimation book. Head down, low profile and yet still so productive. It worked. Since lunch time I have felt much brighter. I know people think its all a myth - but there is definitely a dark cloud which descends for a few days. The 5am wake up was the sign - fit of activity followed by dulled senses and the general feeling of doom.
I feel less depressed than last month - crikey last month I was paranoid - this month I just feel moderately tired and irritable. I can't explain it any more than PMT. It hits unexpectedly and in many different forms. Makes life for those around slightly less predictable. I have found that fair and short honesty about the matter mean that people who know me can keep a wide berth - or if brave try and coax me out of whatever mood I am in. Generally after 2 days it passes. So I am hopeful that come tomorrow I am up and ready for some fun and frolicing and projecting an air of powert and confidence... its there somewhere. All I need to do now is get home in one piece and have an early night.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

try evening primrose oil, dear. My nephew when he was a toddler was very attracted by the shining beads and, managing to prise the lid off, ate a whole jar. To this day, 12 years later, he has never suffered from pre-menstrual tension.

Furry said...

Permeate Morose Thoughts - I can barely spell today.

Next week will be better. This week each month is always a rollercoaster, and whilst the first ride is fun, by about the fifth or sixth, one naturally looks forward to getting off.

Next week will be better :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, the sun is out so I hope you're feeling better.

When you mentioned your vest and grey in the same paragraph I nearly spat my tea out, btw ;)

Karoona said...

Ah the old grey vest test! Sure I have still somewhere at the back of the wardrobe! Lucky for me Holland & Barrett had a mega saleon their Primrose Oil so I bought two pots.. so I should be fine until November! ;-)