Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Domestics...

okay so now I have boiler sorted and assisted plumber with careers advice for his daughter, next moves with his band and generally played the part of all round nice flat dweller..., can anyone give me some advice with my oven? I have found the model I want. And found it cheapest on the Sainsbury appliance web site - BUT for them to fit it the old one has to be disconnected... the wire disappears into the wall.... HELP!?!?!?!? The last time my 'electrician' 'friend' helped with a household item (the shower - last flat) it blew up second time it was used. Somehow I managed to have been the first to use it that day. So I am loathe to ask him.

I finally graced work at 12.45 2 and a half pounds lighter than I was last week and in good spirits. Except my swipe card had stopped working. SO I couldn't get into the building. The first thing that goes through your mind is that you have been sacked and not yet told.

I have not been sacked.

And with any luck I will get a new card with a NEW PHOTO on it so I no longer look like a freaky alien - pic to follow...
Oh yes - this photo has haunted me for 5 years and 6 months on our intranet and on my swipey card. I think I totally deserve a new mug shot!!!

Sad news. 90th minute. Aussies out to the Italians. And this evening's game was by all accounts tres dull. The more I ponder it the more I think England will blunder through to the final. If of course Nostradamus and his Spanish prediction is not proved correct.

"The leader is not fit for purpose" Great News - so we can we take him back and change him? Sorry recycle him?

PMT update... 3 tabs of evening primrose oil seem to be doing their job... any major mood swings which follow will of course be reported in full graphic detail. You have been warned.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update re menstrual cycle. I was worried we were not going to get one this month - which could only mean menopause or pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

You should have asked the boiler man to look at the cooker in return for all your free advice....he's probably a qualified sparky.

I'd ring your landlord, explain the situation and see if he knows an electrician - you'll probably have to get the new cooker wired in anyway....

Having just moved, I can confirm that our landlady is going to hate us - discovered this morning our shower needs replacing, and the oven door fell off yesterday.

All this after we insisted on the gutters being cleaned and the windows being fixed.

Anonymous said...

Cobblers! I just left you a comment and got a blog error message.

The gist of it was that the landlord will probably know of an electrician - I expect you'll have to get the new cooker wired in, too.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think getting an outside firm to do it is a GOOD idea, 'cos if your cooker blows up second time you use it they are liable. If someone does it as a favour you have no redress!

Our oven door fell off last night, and the shower needs replacing (it has 2 temperatures, too hot, and "oh look all my skin has peeled off"). Our landlady is going to hate us.

Karoona said...

Jees!! So many comments - so little time! Can feel mood slipping!?!?!

Yes I suspect another call to errant landlord due.. deep joy.

Anonymous said...

Ah well, two of my comments were a tad redundant!

Did I mention I can see a huge cock out of my window? ;)

The countryside is splendid!

Anonymous said...

baggy, I can see at least three knobs, a prick and a cock out of my window and I am nowhere near the country.

Karoona said...

some of us just look out the window and day dream about such things.....

Karoona said...

PS 3 tennis balls for 99p in an SW19 charitee shoppee!