Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Balls!

I left work at 6.15pm feeling like a spare part at a wedding..all day I had been a deaf go-between - or rather over looked as being someone who needed to know to know facts. Web site deployments are always stressful - but if you're getting no feedback its pain. I had a Partner breathing down my neck and when its your balls on the line you need to be kept in the proverbial loop. So having spent ALL day inputting data into said new website (yes a university education taught me to cut and paste - not type free hand) I finally submitted and left taking an extra aggressive stomp to Waterloo.

Boy does that help clear my head.

By the time I had got on the train I was feeling less wound up. The prospect of football on the TV - sitting at home watching it by myself was quite alluring. My little grey book has been side lined whilst I read jPod as my bag physically couldn't cope with all the shrapnel in it (bottle of water/shades/brolly/book/MP3 player/purse/camera) but as I have now handed the banton of the jPod onto my chum Furry the bag is much more spacious and the notebook has returned. So on the train i took some time to jot. I guess if I had a Blackberry I would have mailled it. Jotting allows time to reflect.

I begin with an observation - started day perky - left work feeling like a pile of attractive stuff for flies. Noted that people I liked had come onto MSN over the course of the day but not bothered to say hello (when you are entering data a brief distraction is heavenly). And I was berating my lack of blogging recently. However there are some gems I will post shortly.

So I got the odd stare - why is that bird writing on the train. These poor chaps had obviously been to the cricket and watched England get a knock by Sri Lanka (again) and I wondered if that was to be the tone for the England game against Sweden. Trains are great - at least you get a view and can ponder. Tubes can be a bit a isolationist - but ideal for burying yourself in a good book.

Wimbledon. Voicemail. Returned call only to miss another caller and get another Voicemail. I never get voicemail. Let alone two. In fact apart from the odd text I do wonder why I have a mobile phone. It rarely rings.

Result of calls - invite to local pub to watch said game. And acknowledgement from Thesp. My evening was looking up... and the smile I had been wearing earlier returned with a vengeance. As the saying goes be positive... ;-)

No comments: