Wednesday, June 07, 2006

By a thread

Walking to Waterloo this evening in search of the plaque for Sir Joseph I had the misfortune to see the conclusion of an accident outside Embankment tube station. Some small child had obviously been knocked over and the para medics were doing their best to look after her on the stretcher. It did not look good. And there but for the grace of God go I.

Train home. More jPod. By the end of the day I felt better than at the start. Think my lunch hour helped! Nice baked spud, tops company and the Best of David Bowie in the background. Perfick!

And I guess clearing the air is always better than hoping it will go away. I do tend to get myself in a stew about things. Things which I should be able to deal with. I am old enough and ugly enough. To be honest I am in a good place - just need remind myself I can still do the things I want to do - with some discipline and planning.

Had a recruiter on the phone this afternoon and we ended up spending 20 mins talking football... he was at least a ST holder at Spurs! Think by the end of the call he was pro longing it so he could talk to me a bit longer. Bless.

Me and a mate are researching speed dating options.. well the sun is out and I fancy meeting some new people - something for the weekend Sir?! Just a change of subject - outlook. CONVERSATION!

Ah yes and the sweepstake - I got Holland and Serbia & Montenegro. Boy isn't Gary Neville an articulate young man?! As for Rooney the wonder-man-ment continues. He'll go and some ten ton Paraguay player will stomp on his foot... talking of which my deemed 'unsuitable for work' new sandals hurt like hell once I had completed my 7 mile stompings today..so I won't be wearing those to work again. Case solved.... !!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pity - I liked those sandals. There is something about a woman's toes.

By the way lunch must have been very short if you listened to the Best of David Bowie. Any Laughing Gnome?

Karoona said...

I have another new pair - may give those an airing when my feet have sufficiently recovered!

As for your Bowie comment - I choose to ignore it.. unless there's anyway I can convert you!??

Anonymous said...

I suspect I am beyond conversion. I like his Red Shoes era stuff and even the man himself despises that.

Karoona said...

Did his red shoes rub perchance?!