Thursday, June 08, 2006

24 Hours to go..

and they have included Rooney in the squad. I still feel really apprehensive about this. I can't help feeling he won't be able to participate until the knock out stages and without him and to be fair Defoe I suspect our abilities to reach these stages. There is also some question over whether Gerrard will be fit for the opening game on Saturday. Am I a pessimist? Of course I am. Or you could argue I have watched too much football and know only too well how fine the line between brilliance and failure. Perhaps my mood will change. However my more immediate concern is where the hell am I going to watch the games and more to the point - who with?!?!

Don't they look raring to go....?!?!


That said the news is full of rioting fears - both in Germany and here in the UK as the other British Isles rebel against the influx of St George's cross flags. Best keep mine in the bathroom then...

There was a really good interview with Martin O Neill on the radio last night (Five Live of course) and it seems he would have taken the job had it been offered to him. Can't help feeling that the FA have missed a trick there. We shall see.

And to top it all my footie text service has told me that currently the Gills lie 12th in the league with a grand total of 0 points - which puts us above the Swans! Again!! Ah the beauty of the alphabet.

So with the excitement mounting I have installed the full schedule into my Outlook calendar so I know at all times which game I am missing and Mini Motty is keeping up-to-date with all the latest news.... need to check out my sweepstake hopefuls! Go forth footballing fans and enjoy the next month - no doubt we will be entertained, emotionally drained and who knows perhaps for once moderately surprised...

No comments: