Friday, June 23, 2006

Plumbing

Well the plumber is here. And what I thought would be a quick 5 minute job - ie allowing more water into the system, is turning into a full scale strip down of the boiler. Which bearing in mind it was checked earlier in the year (at a cost of 60 quid) makes me wonder. Looks as though another major item inside the thing has got too old. I wish the plumber wouldn't stand on the sink unit - I'm not convinced it is built for that sort of thing. In fact if it's like the other units it certainly isn't built properly.

Anyway this little escapade is no doubt going to cost me a fortune. Bit like the replacement oven I have been tasked with finding. I have found a Zanussi - energy efficiency grade A, fan oven, self cleaning and ceramic hob. Currys deliver and remove the old one for recycling. Which is all I really ask for.

Well at least I had half an hour longer in bed this morning. The sun is shining and I have decided to wear a dress today. A colleague is coming in with her baby this lunch time. So I will need to fight all my maternal instincts! There does seem to be a lot of women-having-kids programmes on the TV at the moment. Should they, shouldn't they? When is the right age? Birth rates dropping, so come on girls get out of the work place and have a brood. The thing is, what exactly are kids born today being born into? Impending environmental doom. A schooling system which changes every term and for many the prospect of a broken home or if fortunate to have 2 parents, being seen as odd. I debate this with myself frequently. Do I want children? Should I have children? To be honest there is no right or wrong answer. I just rent a flat and don't have a boyfriend - so the question answers itself. But for those who do have had kids I can see how it has lots of plus points. Well sort of!!!

Oh dear, plumber has asked to refer to manual...I am thinking this is not going to be a quick job. And I still need to have a quiet word with the Council Tax people about some credited money they seem to have mislaid.... Karen's quest. Watch this space for future instalments.

No comments: