Saturday, July 22, 2006

This one's for Mazza

I guess there are certain relationships you take a bit for granted. But the one I have with my mum is special. She is my best friend in so many things. A confidente and a trusted source of inspiration, and when necessary gives me the much needed kick up the butt. It works both ways. And to be honest I have an equally strong if somewhat different bond with my Pops. I am lucky and I appreciate that often.
Today, I know my mum had an emotional ride - far more so than shopping or staying with me! A situation she had been running in her head did not go in the quite the way she would have wanted it, through no fault of her own.
I guess this post is really to let her, and the world, know that I think she is tops - caring, tactile and most generous of her affections to others. Always wanting to make people feel welcome and at home. And for those of you lucky enough she is fairly generous with her cheese scones!!
Mazza - you are a Mazzy Star - and don't ever forget it!! We maybe a compact family but we are strong and that is in no small part down to you.
So keep on shining and inspiring - or else!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had a Mazza like yours - I think my wish will never be granted - thank you for being such a caring daughter xxxxxx