Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It's a Full Moon

today - which may explain the overt nuttiness around several members of the team... (I include myself - I was sort of dancing to Pulp's Common People as I walked in this morning - what a class tune).

loopy - from lupin - hairy hands!

talking to oneself - do that most days.

right best get on so much to do so little time.. if only it were so many men (ha ha!)

(Oh dear now I am humming 'He who would Valiant be 'gainst all disaster....')

I feel I must just update todays post...
I went for some white wine's last night with my friend who is currently going through a very stressful & scary time. A friend who for so long I think was jealous of. I was pretty self absorbed at the time. Suffering my own stress. Not that I knew how deep that was until it stopped. Last night for the first time she confessed that it was good to have me back, in the sense that currently I am the most chirpy I have been for ages (yes despite my need for desirous interludes - I am still smiling!! ;-)) and the only one in the office making any noise or causing waves of life to flood the office. .. I was touched. Made me realise how far I have come in the last 14 months... survived and stronger...

So 3 WW's probably meant I was still slightly tipsy this morning.. or just naturally on a high.. ?! Lunch was a laugh too - Prince songs in the pub, discussing readings, outfits and which word to slip into the next meeting...Oh and earlier today we had been re-enacting Simon Bates' Our Tune - have to say Furry is rather TOO good at that!

My match profile has been viewed 355 since I set it up...!? Strike rate of decent people?! Hard to say at the moment... not helped that I have got my brain immersed in 40p man. (I don't even know why this has happened) .. So do I make a move or leave the status quo and keep hold of a tops mate? There is a pattern between us but he thinks we're too alike, I don't think I am good enough for him and he says I'm out of his league... so how does that work each time we indulge in a kiss? I know I'll hang fire.. play it safe as ever...grrr.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose I am old-fashioned and my mind was not warped by watching US teen dramas (thanks for the stunted generation, Aaron!) but I would have thought that being "alike" is a good basis for a relationship? Anyway all that kissing means you're engaged doesn't it?

Or am I out of date with that as well?

Karoona said...

i really don't know. sometimes having blokes as mates can be really frustrating. perhaps thats why all my romantic interludes tend to be blokes who are not really really good friends..

what should i do? wait until i next see him and trust my instincts?!

Furry said...

erm... yes!

Basic rule of life:

Ask "What's the worst that can happen?" - if it doesn't involve anything worse than dented pride, lessons learned etc, then it's all good. No-one lies on their deathbed saying "I was I'd taken less chances in life"

Carpe Diem (not that irritating software, more your Dead Poets vibe)

Anonymous said...

non-one lies on their death bed and says I wish I had had less sex, unless they have just had a life threatening encounter with Anna Nicole Smith, so go ahead and get physical.

And why not include those blokes who are mates as well? Practice does make perfect.

Karoona said...

Do I get to choose?

If so I'll take c).
Covers all eventualities and doesn't necessarily make it bad..

then again, define idiot....

Anonymous said...

Idiot
n.

1. A foolish or stupid person.
2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

Karoona said...

I have known and know some fools - but not sure anyone I know is actually a fully fledged idiot....in which case I go for a)as being drunk on its own
or mad and drunk are not options...

Anonymous said...

I concur. He's mad. So why the hell are you paying for the services of a madman? Forget about the looney and move onwards and upwards, before you become as mad as he.

40p man. FFS.

Karoona said...

well to be fair - first time out I didn't actually pay. a friend did. tho I kept the cash cos hey it was so good I did not need to pay. (aah the joy of that comment!) that said I do think there's 10 pence outstanding from a pecking sess earlier this year... I am in debt.
anyway I thought 40p was a bargain.. worth every penny...