Sunday, July 09, 2006

Farewell...

Okay I know I have moaned about Ms Tyler at intervals over this series of Doctor Who, but tonight as they were parted by time voids forever I was in tears.

The second episode of Doomsday/Army of Ghosts was brillant. All emotions. Clash of the Titans for our era. Cyberman vs Daleks vs The Doctor... who would you chose? It was ace seeing the Daleks flood out of the Ark of Genesis... the time lord theory aptly used. Canary Wharf never looked so busy (Alan Sugar's firings aside!). And the humour that the Daleks displayed. Hilarious! But the final scenes were really raw. Saying good bye is never easy, but at least on this planet I can go see and say hello too again. Rose has her family all back together and Mickey too. So whilst its tricky the Doctor is ultimately doomed to be forever a loner with occasional close side kicks. Farewell Rose.








Footnote: It has taken some time but I have warmed to Mr Tennant. He has very brown eyes. Warming. Oh well only 170 days until the Christmas episode with 'Am I bothered' Catherine Tate. I am intrigued already! Joy!

No comments: