Friday, July 21, 2006

For once

I don't have much to talk about. I think the heat is taking it's toll. I was though very fortunate today to end up in an all afternoon seminar in an air conditioned room with drinkies straight after... so I had a cool WW and then went back to the office at 7pm.

Checking the LUL website was a thrill - every single line had severe delay warnings. Great.

Swansea John was still in the office so we went for a beer - I had a bitter shandy and we talked for a bit. I did not mention his new flat mate or any of this week's weird postings/comments. I realised that perhaps my whole thing with 40p was richly tangled with Swans John. And I have no desire to get in a mess with either of them or create discord. It was good for a change for it to be just us two talking nonsense in part and in other moments just dumping stuff.

We said our cheerios at 8.45 and I wandered to Waterloo - and was home by 10. The temptation to swing by the Nelson to see if Bruce (the Scottish one, not the Aussie one - he is in Ireland with his mum) was about was rather strong. But with more snubs this week than a boxer dog breeding farm I decided it was safer to come home.

Pastures new anyone? Maybe some fresh faces would do us good....

Roll on Saturday am ... a LIE IN!!!

(I did forget one detail of the day - the Bill being filmed right outside the tube this morning - you never know I may be on the box!?)

No comments: