Monday, July 03, 2006

Its over now

the dreams of a nation ended with a smug Portugese chap called Ronaldo.

Up until then the excitement and drama had gripped a country. I was hiding behind a cushion - punching the cushion' throwing it around the lounge and generally feeling every moment.

I still can't quite write how I feel. Just supremely numbed. It's happened again. We lost. Penalty shoot out. After 90 + 30 minutes of courageous and spirited play.

My flag remains in situ. My England forever. Destined to be a gracious player in defeat. Just feel sorry for all those kids who had heard the hype and assumed we would win the World Cup. Life is seldom so neat and tidy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know it's over/ and it never really began / but in my heart it was so real.

Sometimes Morrisey just says it all.