Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Glowing..

...I take it back - fans are great! Well they are until about 12 noon by which time the office has been gently heated and the fans just circulate the hot air... Wilting.

I did though start the morning in a literary place reading a poetry anthology from Shakespeare to Hardy (wrong order alphabetically and erm not very descriptive really huh?!) This was the start of my poetry research for weeding reading material. Now Mum and I both have weeding outfits my concerns turn to sorting my remaining bits out - so yes still need to do internal flights/hotel and reading... I have though pencilled a couple of poems for inclusion... On trip home I checked - the first poet is AE and the last is Anonymous... go figure kids?! I do though now have a plan - a poem for bro, a poem for his wife-to-be and one to cover off the whole love n union event...aah

Gosh it is hot in here... can I be bothered to walk to Waterloo?! Sun beating off the pavement... I can't even muster anything exciting to say - maybe later this evening... Okay so I did walk to Waterloo - I left the office at 5.45pm in order to stand some chance of getting home just after 7pm. As it was, the Northern Line was suspended so the streams of people coming out of Embankment tube station and then traversing the Jubilee Bridge irked me. I went the Westminster side of the bridge for some space. As I approached Waterloo I could feel the doubled numbers of people and I'll be honest I couldn't face the push n shove to a seat.

So I sat on a bollard at the end of Sutton Walk in the shade and took full advantage of the cooling breeze. I sat like this for 30 minutes as the hoardes passed me. I wondered what the rush was? I wondered if this was going to be the sotry over the next 10 years... rising temperatures and a city bulging at the seams. I wondered if I could afford to move to the beach? As I sat pondering, isolated from the throng I could see the pedestrian crossing was becoming a war zone.. people not checking before crossing the road.. buses beeping and motorcyclists practising their dramatic in and out turns, but this time around people. At 6.45 I decided to make a move. Train very very hot. I got home at 8.10pm. That after a bus to CW and a short trip to SavaCentre for milk. Ugh.

SavaCentre a venue for couples loved up. I have realised that to ensnare a man I need to wear a micro denim skirt..(not attractive when behind said garment on the escalator), wear a light flimsy top and mismatched visible bra. Oh yes and giggle a lot and hang on over inflated ego'd man.. maybe I need to fall in love to understand all this..speaking of which some ok convos on match. mate has moved in with 40p. oh I don't know not sure iam cut out for it full stop..

....that said I have developed an amazing crush on Christian Bale.... mmm mmmm!!!

Anyway my stars for Monday -

Some recent shake-ups in your life have made you much more aware of your risk-to-reward ratio. Are you giving up what you need in order to play it safe? If so, why? The stars encourage you to ask big questions.

or

Sticking to your regular tasks and working hard gives you a needed sense of security and accomplishment. Others may say 'all work and no play,' but you know 'all things in good time' -- including romance.

ha ha ha ha ha !!!

No comments: