Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Hold the front page..

September AND everyone is back at work/on tube. Well it has felt that way the last few days.
The tube was manic this morning at 8.30am and much busier yesterday when I wandered on at my more usual time of 8.44am. And it was not much better after work yesterday - despite an after work drink's do delaying my journey until gone 8pm. Not sure which state I prefer - emptier tubes and quiet non-stressed office but the tangoing around heaving lost tourists OR packed tubes, busy buzz at work and emptier pavements...
Either way the walk to Waterloo this evening at 7ish was most calming. The walk itself was at least. The cyclists on the pavement were harassing me though. I think I will create some stop signs to hold up to them in future - or get a t-shirt made with the message on front & back.

The walk was also punctuated by the sudden London evening phenomonen.. freebie evening newspapers. I ducked from the first vendor but as I walked along the Embankment it was clear I would have many more men and women waving papers at me to dodge. So I took one of the new London Lite's and then one of the London Paper. I soon discovered that this meant I had a defence mechanism - I could hold them both up in a pseudo V sign manner to avoid further harassment. They are both free and the winner by a minute mile is the London Lite who seem to think that Gillingham is a London club... mmm. Not strictly true but if gentley reminds all those Kent people who flee to the City at weekends that there is a club on their doorstep I'll be happy. It's also a treat to see us mentioned regularly for a change..

No comments: