Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hairdressers

During my haircut I had time to observe the randomness of the hairdresser conversation... it ping ponged from problems with spilting with a boyfriend yet still wanting to each go to the same social places (what should I do? what would you do?) - and then from nowhere 'So what do you think of what the Pope said?'. (He had mentione d something about the Isalm text and upset the Muslim community leaders - no doubt context and exact words were lost in media translation but it had indeed been top story on the news). I was intrigued listening to these exchanges, as thankfully my hairdresser is a more introverted character. She has a strong and silent aura which makes her stand out from the blonded and stick thin others in the salon. By the end of the conversation all religion had been denounced and the world made to turn much easier. Mmm. I suspect that no religion would mean that man would find something else to argue about. Anyway the balance was restored as several dashing office gents came in for their trims... the girlie snippers all swooped and swooned in their direction.. I guess my haircut was no where near as interesting to watch compared to aftershave clad slick city gents...

No comments: