Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Wonder Stuff

The Wonder Stuff. Miles Hunt. De Montfort Uni circa 1991/2.. seen and revered. I still have the pink ticket and a huge album sleeve poster somewhere at home in my Uni box of memories...

I had spent the sixth form 'A Wish Away'ing and being 'Unbearable' in the computer room ( I say computer room - it was an elaborate cupboard with very early pc's in it). My friend, Michelle and I would be listening on our walkmans - cassette walkmans. Start the tape at the same time and sing along...
THE EIGHT LEGGED GROOVE MACHINE - Digitally remasteredOctober 2000Red Berry Joy TownNo, For The 13th TimeIt's Yer Money I'm After, BabyRue The DayGive Give Give Me More More MoreLike A Merry Go RoundThe Animals And MeA Wish AwayGrinMother And ISome Sad SomeoneRuby HorseUnbearablePoisonTimes Will Change (unlisted track)

It's yer money I'm after baby ...Grin (it appeared on all exercise books :-))
HUP - Digitally RemasteredOctober 2000 30 Years In The BathroomRadio Ass KissGolden GreenLet's Be Other PeoplePiece Of SkyCan't Shape UpDon't Let Me Down, GentlyCartoon BoyfriendGood Night ThoughUnfaithfulThem, Big Oak TreesRoom 410


Don't let me down, gently... Can't shape up...
NEVER LOVED ELVIS - Digitally RemasteredOctober 2000 Mission DrivePlayFalse StartWelcome To The Cheap SeatsThe Size Of A CowSleep AloneDonationInertiaMaybeGrotesqueHere Comes EveryoneCaught In My Shadow38 Line Poem

Sleep Alone. Inertia.

Circlesquare. CD boxset. Leicester.

And so to University and Bina Bagga. We rocked along to these tunes. We felt then as if we didn't fit. Funny as I bounced around the room yesterday I still feel like a 'Circlesquare' and yeah I do choose to 'sleep alone'... don't make me 'Dizzy' though... just 'Caught in my Shadow'... right off to dig some tapes out and re-issue my Sony cassette walkman (with radio tuner no less)...

No comments: