Monday, August 14, 2006

The train now standing at platform 5...

... is the delayed 2.02 pm train to London Paddington Station...

yes the train back to grey London was delayed by initially 32 minutes rising steadily to 44... at least the people on the platform were chatty and replied to my dead pan retort to the tannoy system and at least my seat in coach E - which guess what, was the Family Carriage(oh deep deep joy) - was reserved. Shame a bloke had fallen asleep in the seat next to it and was tipping into seat 10. Thankfully the nice young man in the seat opposite let me take a pew next to him opposite my reserved ticket. And coach E is right next to the buffet coach - so there was a steady line of people in the aisle and the food, well it smelt burnt...so I had my double whammy pet hates - screaming kids and the smell of not very tasty food all under the same roof!

Riding through the green of Devon - the farms and the clear sky I studied as much as I could pack in.. soon enough the housing estates and factories came into sight. London was wet. I had missed the best thunderstorm and I didn't care. I felt relaxed and refreshed...and hoped I had been witty and chatty enough.

No comments: