Sunday, August 20, 2006

Gillingham 0 - Northampton Town 1

And so the season gets on track... the same track it was on last season..the bottom track...

21 Gillingham 4 -3 3
22 Scunthorpe 4 -2 2
23 Crewe 4 -5 2
24 Rotherham 4 -2 -4


As for the game - the second half passed me by in a haze. I was watching it but not feeling it. It was like a TV on in the back ground. My mind was meanwhile careering off all over the place. People. Places. Men. Men I have known. Men I am yet to meet. And one of them keeps entering my head and making me freeze. Taking me back to a time or place. I am missing him. After all this time I am missing him. But I will keep it to myself. Full time. My dad in pieces. He raised some valid points - how have the club been allowed to sink so quickly? We held our own in the Championship - punched against our weight and now look at us.

The goal was a classic Gillingham cock up. Goalie and defender failing to take the situation into their own hands - so neither did - a bundle of players. A good knock off the line by Sancho and almost at the second attempt he kept it out again. Not to be. We struggled through the rest of the first half. There were a few hopeful moments in the second. But no. Even the pie family didn't show. Roll on Tuesday pm and the New Den!!!

And as I read the programme I can now inform you that Danny Spiller no longer wishes to be known as that - so please call him Daniel. Whether cheering him or as a few behind me where this afternoon berating him please call him Daniel. He obviously thinks he is a man now. There is only ONE player in the team who is my age or a bit older... ONE player born 1971... the rest all born some years after 73...scary!

No comments: