Friday, August 18, 2006

A Reading List

Can anyone suggest books (fiction/bio's etc anything) that I must read as a matter of intellectual necessity? Or that I must read just because they are soooo good? I am preparing for a 24 hour flight as well so all ideas for that welcome too!
I am interested to know what other people recommend.
I am currently reading Bel Canto by Ann Patchett and I am absorbed. Didn't see how it could unravel, but it has, and now I just wonder which of the characters is going to make it.

4 comments:

Furry said...

Perhaps "Is there a creator that cares about you?"

See my blog for details.

Anonymous said...

Confession of the New Eve by Angela Carter - interesting.

I read the Bible once while camping in the Jura with my father and his current squeeze.

Anonymous said...

also Puckoon by Spike Milligan.

And Titus Alone by Mervyn Peake

And Volume 1 of The History of Sexuality by Michel Foucault.

Anonymous said...

I think it is actually Passsion of the New Eve.

Her Bloody Chamber is very good too,