Monday, May 08, 2006

The Sultan's Elephant

I made it! Sorted train tickets at Victoria then walked up to Buck Palace and through green park to find The Sultan's Elephant asleep on Piccadilly.....it was 2pm


It was due to move at 2.30pm then at 3pm and then guess what - nearer 3.30pm! In any event I was able to do my few bits of shopping and be in situ to see it wake and start to make its journey around the smarter London streets to Horseguards Parade.... Here are a few of my pics of the event.







It was a totally realistic looking beast and what these photos fail to provide are the musical accompaniment which was spot on. There was a great sense of joy within the crowds. Smiles all around. On the back of the Elephant the Sultan was being entertained by dancing girls. On either side of the body aides to the Sultan were taking notes and making measurements as if on an expedition. I enjoyed pre-empting where it was going next and walking swiftly to vantage points! Grateful for the sun being out too!

Totally worth turning out for...! Three cheers for London once again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no and again no. It is pseudo-profound, mysoginistic mush. And the selfreagrding voiceover only makes it worse. And Kevin smirking through the whole thing. I would rather sit in a jacuzzi with a bunch of engineers talking about Prince2 than sit through "American Beauty" frankly.

Karoona said...

I care not what you say. I LIKE it...