Friday, May 26, 2006

Eng-er-land - the re-prise

My head feels fine this morning and certain items from last evening are filtering through... especially this:

The pub we watched the England game in was to say the least populated with nice young men with quiffs and very well made suits. They started making polite conversation with my friend to see if Theo Walcott was playing. We weren't sure having scooted from another venue to find a pub with Sky. But from the line up it didn't look like it. He was admiring the TV when I realised with his rather nice accent he may be worth a ribbing/intellectual debate about our World Cup chances - so I piped up 'Who do you normally support'. He responded 'Oh erm I just support England. I thought about supporting Chelsea. And possibly Arsenal but generally I support no-one except England. And yourselves? ' Of course we stunned him with our Division One teams and passion for the game. He went pale and then asked if England were the team in red...

At which point I dissolved and friend had to restrain me from usual diatribe about fans who appear when it suits them... I admire the man though for being so certain England can win the World Cup. As my mum always used to say it is folly to be wise where ignorance is bliss.

Good reviews of the Tottenham players tho! Heartening to hear! Move over Theo - in yer come Aaron!
Well it's raining but warm so no vest. The office is half empty and I have some Team System work to do!!

I have some links to fix and some bills to pay...
links fixed so fill yer boots people...

2 comments:

rit said...

I like your writing! I just had to make a comment on that. Anyways, I'm not as big a fan as you are, but I think Brazil might take it again this year. Maybe. I'm hoping for someone else. Shh.

Karoona said...

thank you! i think i probably write better than I speak!

who are you hoping for?

Perhaps the Aussies will have a majorly successful year?!?

Don't get me wrong I hope England do well but I don't feel it yet. Brazil then..