Saturday, May 13, 2006

My Heroes - My Villains

Heroes (in no particular order)
David Bowie
IKB
Brian Molko
My dad/mum/bro
the late Ronnie Barker
Madonna
David Attenborough
Joseph Balzgette
Jason Brown
Thomas Hardy
Mrs Smith nee Cox (one of my old English teachers) in fact all my old English teachers

Villains (in no particular order)
Cars (not the Numan version)
Sky TV
The Premiership
Annoying 'football' fans - especially those who stand behind me and spout utter dirge (thanks for the correction Baggy!)

to be continued................

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what on earth is in anyway heroic about Thomas Hardy? I grant you might like the books (although the poems are by far the the greater achievement) but that does not make him a hero. What a very strange set of choices generally -David Bowie? The man's a pretentious chancer.

Agree with the villains list. Does that mean we are alike in some way?

Karoona said...

who is the know admirer?

in fact who is the known admirer - and why if you admire such treachery towards my posts?!?

Anonymous said...

treachery? Perhaps we can express ourselves more freely behind a mask...

What is it with all the Victorian engineers anyway?

Karoona said...

Victorian Engineers have left us an amazing legacy. Maybe I value the idea of having achieved something positive which others can enjoy once they have gone... And the bridges/buildings the Embankment are all great legacies which we take for granted. They are for us the equivalent of the Americans and their Hoover Boulder Dam...

Anonymous said...

....and let us not forget the legacy of the sewers.

Karoona said...

Ah yes a fact that gets attributed to him on the Embankment! And I cover in Enjoy the View!

Anonymous said...

Aah yes the sewers. And how symbolic the readers of the karoona blogggings find them. They were built long ago and they keep the detirtus and filth hidden and they are leaking and they were the creation of a man...

Need I go on?

Now what can we read into IKB

Karoona said...

but if they didn't exist - then it would be in the Thames or worse round our feet - which would you prefer?!?!