Wednesday, May 03, 2006

News at Ten Newsflash!

According to the News @ 10 in 1957 62% of people were very happy.
now its only 36%.
Oh the irony. We are all better health wise. And have more time saving devices than we know what to do with. And yet we're less happy (see previous entry - I feel like a right whinger now) perhaps we have been conditoned to expect TOO much. Draw back a bit - lower the line - be joyful for the the birds in the trees singing at dusk. For the beautiful blossom and the new sense of spring life starting again. Nature is a wonderous leveller... grumpy - me?! Only at 9.30am methinks. I am happy really. And I don't have a car; own a house; or a dish washer or a tumble drier or a microwave or even a semi decent oven. I am happy cos I can recycle 90% of my household goods, walk for miles and generally do my bit for the global good...the more you have the more you want and the less fulfilling life becomes. Be sated by what you have, not hungered by what you do not...on that extremely philosophical note ta ra!

No comments: