Saturday, May 06, 2006

Pearls...

...of wisdom? or before swine....?

or Jam?

Let me rewind. Election Day yesterday. All a haunting reminder of the day last year but not the date. That was today. But today - well today, now yesterday, was good... Last year I was changing locks and nervously waiting for items to be removed. To be single and alone again.

I can't deny I have since found myself in a game of chess. But the stalemate is over. No more being the pawn. Being knocked over. Moved all over the board from let's face it black and white views. Life is not black and white - it is many shades and hopefully splashed with colour. I have just forgotten that a decision was made and after it we were both supposed to move on. Diagonally or forward three and aside one... I misread the rules. I dared to care too much. Worry too much. I mistakenly believed I could do no better. Or I could change what could not be changed. Who knows the answers to these? - but what I do know is I have had a fairly interesting and amusing and colourful and generally happier 12 months than the ones which preceded it.

And today I achieved a few more things on my list! Passport photos done. Flights booked. Leave booked. Cards and presents bought. All set for week away...!? Horsham here i come. Jacuzzi heh heh! Best case scenario - more men than woman on the course! Worse case... oh hell whatever will be will be!

And a day or so of good friends reminding me that I am who I am ... and I get home tonight after a 10p well invested (oh yes still as worth while as when it was 40p) and Eddie Vedder is on Laters...with Joolz of course, and best of all his hair is longer again! Hooray!! Hoorah!!! I hate to say it but us Capricorns are the biz!!!

The sun shines. The footie season ends tomorrow. My thoughts turn to other ideas and notions. I just revel in the feeling of smiling broadly on the late tube home and no-one knowing why. Pick a part that's new....

There is only one way to end this entry... Alive.

No comments: