Saturday, May 13, 2006

Lights out - Day Five in the House

Back from the woods feeling very bubbly and mentally lively.

In the door at 3.05pm... aah KO. Put the washing on and then scooted to SavaCentre to restock my fridge. It's now 10.45pm and I am beginning to feel as if the Roffey oasis was a dream. (photos to follow) Had a great evening last night. Early dinner - free wine. And a totally different set of people in the bar after dinner. It's true - never judge a book by its cover. I had the most amusing and revealing conversations Thursday pm more so than any other night. I also realised I did a mean impression of Dr Statham. Aah Green Wing. I hope this evening's wasn't the last one in this series. Indeed even the two Asset's were laughing.. and they come from ... short interval while I look up the spelling... ooh just discovered that Karen is 1) a member of a group of peoples of E and S Myanmar (formerly Burma) and 2) a group of languages spoken by these peoples. Blimey. Where was I? Oh yes making peoples from Kazakstan laugh... not sure how we got there. But in Kazak, Benny Hill is the best export they get and their version of Big Brother has entered its 2nd year - and yes I do mean it has been going on that long.

Aside from baby talk, aeroplane talk, the smoking debate and the many many other topics the overwhelming feeling was that of humour and banter. The introverts (apart from Sam - sorry Sam I know we were supposed to be going for a walk last night.) had a revolution and boy did it feel good. So thanks to Sam, Greg and Martin for making the final evening in the house less like an eviction.

This morning we had to do a team exercise and it went really well. It involved planks and racing against the clock. Our team won.

So that appeased the ESTJ of the group whom had felt so disheartened when we lost the situational leadership team exercise. And lost badly! We correctly identified ESTJ as a someone who should have been in the RAF...even though he went home last night but obviously returned this morning. Oh yes and called me 'Odd'. So I won my little challenge! [mind you he has a point - and he gleaned this without some of my more entertaining stories being told] After the competiton we had a individual review of the week and then a share with the group session. And then it was 1pm and we were allowed to leave. Bundled into a cab to Gatport Airwick for a train. Heading east the first landmarks were at East Croydon. Not at all inspiring. But then the wheel and the HoP came into view and I felt at home again.


Caught up with a few outstanding voice mails and need to reply to a few intriguing emails now. Watched a bit of TV. Danced round the lounge to Placebo and yes ladies and gentlemen I re-dyed my hair. Apologies to all of the people on the course who had to suffer my two tone - no three tone - hair... It is now HR resistant and ready to go..

One of the lads on the course has a HR department which has been re-named - 'Talent Management'. Gees.

Now for two days of comfie bed and mental prep for Monday... hope I can still walk water by then... ta ra.

No comments: