Sunday, May 07, 2006

Miss Bump

while rushing around this morning I was looking for something by the side of the bed got up too quickly and turned straight into the bedroom door. Thack! So with head in hands and stars circling it I whelped quietly in pain. My bump has been treated with a cold compress (yes it's back out of the freezer again after it's use in January). And I suppose I could tap it down with a mallet if it persists. So I may end up going on my week long course with a shiner. And then everyone will have a reason to stare at me but will probably feel conscious doing so, so will look
away! Result!
It also means I feel a bit dizzy/queasy this fine evening so have I decided to give last night at Nelson a miss... probably for the best. That way I can get up tomorrow and spend my day doing the things I want to do...until then, I am now about to watch 'American Beauty' for about the 4th time in my life... It was the film I went to see at the cinema weeks before my 3 month stay out in the US. It was a film being shown on the plane when I flew to SFO. And Kevin Spacey's voice is, well, - divine. The Amercian Dream. Note the great use of the colour red throughout the film... which reminds me; must tape Green Wing...

2 comments:

oldhall said...

The shiner will make you look tough. No one will mess about with you.

Karoona said...

they didn't. in fact I think the bump helped me in many ways! knocked some sense into me and allowed me to have a really good week. thanks for the tip though!