Friday, May 12, 2006

Day Four in the House - PM

...and so the week draws to a close. This evening will be our last 3 course meal and I suspect that not everyone will attend. But we have rebelled and asked that it be served earlier than usual so that we have some time afterwards when it is light enough to do something else!

This afternoon has been quite draining - looking at motivation and personal impact. Self confidence. One of the exercises was to list our heroes and villians and decipher from this what the values were we aspired to and those we were not so hot on. I guess I need to do this a bit more methodically and when I am more in tune with my influences - I am not sure that Isambard K Brunel is necessarily a bad hero but certainly not one of my top ones!! My Dad. David Bowie. Douglas Coupland. Villians - mmm best not name too many names here.

After dinner myself and another girl are going for a walk. The Roffey Park woods... mmm. Then back in time for a sunset drink and time to reflect, think about packing and generally prepare for London and re-entry to work on
Monday. For the time being I am going to make the most of my green tranquility and enjoy these remaining hours. Reality bites way too soon and anyway there's a cup final to look forward and another 10 pence to spend!

Whilst I am here best wish The Swans all the best in their pursuit of Div 2!!! Hehe. And also check the cricket scores!

Right well best make an exit.. don't want to hold people up. Until another day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heroes would be Ludwig Wittgenstein, Vladimir Nabokov, John Barnes, John Updike, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Neo from the Matrix and my boss. This would imply I am an undereducated pretentious middlebrow with a father fixation. How inaccurate is that??

Villains are easy: Melvin Bragg, Lord Robert Winston, Gillian McKeith, Nicky Hambleton-Jones, Alan Bennett, Dick and Dom from Da Bunglow, Ozzy Osbourne's wife, anyone involved in Big Brother, Pop Idol, X-Factor, WifeSwap, in fact any reality TV show, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Littlejohn, Alex Ferguson, Terry Butcher, Alan Greene,

Karoona said...

which boss? the Alan Statham looky likey? or the Alistair Darling one?

okay now the heroes and villians are identified work out what each of their values are to define your inner self..! more tips soon..

Anonymous said...

Alastair Darling, of course. I am sturggling to find any value in any of my my villains though, so am struggling to define my inner self. Perhaps I do not have one. Perhaps there is nothing behind this mask...