Thursday, May 18, 2006

Aargh

I was having a good day. Then I came home to an envelope addressed to my ex. Convinced it is bad news I have been researching distraint orders... apparently these people can't enter your home with force without a court order. I wouldn't mind but he hasn't lived here for a year and he has had all his old mail and now me myself and I have the threat of some nice man wanting to size up how much my possessions are worth... but fear not I have a phone number and I will be resorting to it as required. In the meantime it has meant a trip to ex's house to deliver said letter. A trip I could have done without. Karma? I start believing everything is possible and feel on the up and get this little warning. Well I am on top of this one.

[Update - thank you Mr Furry et al for your comment - as ever my mates help see me through]

In other news.. oops Arsenal are losing. I have had a good day. Sorted passport renewal out. Made contact with some folks from the course last week - so if they drop by - hello hope you are well and thx for popping by! And the office clear out and move started in earnest today. A new start - out with the old etc etc.

Walked along the Embankment this evening to Waterloo. Passing the statue of IKB I paused and saluted the man! Felt as if I was re-acquainting myself with all the reasons I love this grey and grimy city!

Isambard Kingdom Brunel's Statue - Embankment

I did have a weird experience at lunch time - convinced I saw someone from my past - whom I had done some reading in dairy about this morning and mentioned to a friend today also. Co-incidence? Who knows? He was still riding his courier bike sans helmet and with colourful shades one. Hasn't regrown his hair and dyed it bright red tho!! Still bald.

Any way the irony of the day is as follows:

Here is your horoscope for Wednesday, May 17: Are you hearing that old 'Shoulda-woulda-coulda' refrain in your head? Let it go. Everything that happened in your past was meant to bring you to the choices you have right now. Live in the present.

Which in so many ways is the truth and is what makes us all unique - the journeys we take. I am just buzzing at the moment from the opportunity someone has given me over the last few days to let my imagination and creative side run a bit wild for a change. An experience I think we both enjoyed/are enjoying. So bailiff alert aside I am still quite upbeat....

Oh and Arsenal have just lost the European Champions League (clearly as a Gills fan I am not overly bothered just sad for English hehem football) ... which reminds me I came 6th in our office Fantasy Football League final table. Which out of 12 puts me in the top half and I was the only bird in it! Get in!!

3 comments:

Karoona said...

Quick update - apparently a phone call has been made and the true address of ex made known. If though this turns out not to be the case then I will do it for him. Despite or because of the way he has lied and been with me over the last 2 days...

Furry said...

Karma? - Listen to what it's telling you about the past. Then when you finally realise you can let it go, maybe you'll find your smile :-)

Anonymous said...

If it were me I would ring up as well and tell them. Can't hurt can it?

Not sure about karma but as it says in Terminator 2 there is no future save that we make forourselves? Or was it the water margins of Ling Shoa Po?