Friday, November 23, 2007

Thursday - Pt 1

And no I was not at an interview. I was though on trial.
I woke up with the planned event of calling my bro in deepest darkest Australia. However when I rang as planned at 7.30am I was told that wif n hubby had to go look at a potential house buy. I could hear words in the background. Instead then we exchanged quick views on the state of the Wembley pitch vs that of Underhill's (Barnet for those of you who have no idea of where I speak!) and a quick overview of his new job. The next scheduled call is Sunday am. So with the time planned to spend gassing and catching up (not spoken to him to him since Sept) I instead wash up. Listen to radio and plan what to wear. Mufti today. Thankfully the rain stops and clouds part before I leave the house in my tight jeans and that leather coat.
I saunter to the Post Office and get stuff sent to Oz. I saunter to the Misery Line. There is a train there but its going nowhere. So I trot back up escalator and head for Totting Broodway. Uphill the walk to Totting Broodway and my once bouncy boots do not bounce any more. Once at Totting B I have a choice re-risk the tube or get a bus. Oh yeah I walked this far cos it was quicker than the snakey line of north bound traffic. Tube it is to Ballsam. Overland to Victoria. We sit outside Vic Station for ages. The irony being that once I get to Vic I'll be straight back out to Broomley. Wandsworth Common looked lush and golden in the sun as we erm creeped passed though.
In the ticket queue at Vic Stn were a group of Croatian football fans. Flags a blazing and tube maps out. A kindly local suggested that tube tickets were best got down stairs in the underground station. But they were undeterred. I wish I had shaken their hands and wished them luck.
I eventually got to Broomley. Only an hour late. So to Starbursts we go for a coffee and chat. Ma and Pa are in fine spirits. Pa has already bought books and doormats from various charitee shops. Ma and I are itching to shop shop. The amusing thing about going shopping with Ma is she has no cash/money or card. So there's an un written rule that says I take charge. It all works out and the scramble (impatience short rotund lady telling the till girls what to do) in Debenhams affords me 25% off a rather splendid Wonderbra with 3 detachable straps. I figure it'll be hours of fun either way. We hook back with Pa and head for Spud-U-Like. MacDonalds without the burgers. Chips. Onion rings. Coke. Tasty.
Ma and I then wander off to M&S then Next and well then following text pleas from my poor Pa whose bum has numbed from sitting on a bench reading fiction we return to rescue hime and go in search of a pub. The Compass. St Austell brewery for 2 pints of Tribute. 1 each. Learn via Sky 'Sports in ur face' News that McLaren has been sacked but walks away with 2.5 million pounds. Yes folks a slightly useless sports manager gets the boot and and a nice cheque. You know I would have a go for 6 months if that's what happens. Ma has gone off to the nearest Charitee shop so Pa and I indulge in a few more pints and fast realise that the trains down to real Kent will be packed with commuters. So we inquire as to curry houses. 'The first one nearest the cinema'.
Ma discusses potential 60th birthday venues. Vegas seems a favourite. Be hot in July mind you!
Then the discussion turns to Pops and his desire to go digital. 3D pops?! This after admitting his final years at work were spent insisting that PC keyboards were for women. How very PC. I am therefore not convinced that Pops and a digital camera and the PC equipment that go with that are such a grand idea. However. I argue the case for and against. My legal training coming centre stage. We sup up and head for TKMaxx.
Why?
We're in search of a festive custard jug. 3 pints and anything seems possible. Except custard jugs in TKMAxx. Definitely a better experience whilst slightly tipsy though. We then head back along the High Street in search of curry house. The route to the Empire takes us passed several Fuller pubs and a Walkabout. The Spice Empire is the first curry house we get to. I continue walking as clearly the first one before the cinema may depend on direction assumed to get there. And yes sure enough there is one the other side of the cinema. Empty. The first one has at least 2 people in it. We venture in. What follows is too graphic to do it justice now - but rest assured part 2 will reveal all.
So bemused we head back to station and catch various trains home. Back in one piece several items of underwear the better. A new very very pukka suit for the festive season - lets keep those knees away from escalator teeth this year shall we?! And all the info I need to furnish presents for others.
Horlicks, bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...waiting for part 2...

Tee hee, the comment word verification is "krapz"

Karoona said...

part 2 now in place!!!

bit further up the page!!

Krapz may well best describe curry experience!!