Monday, November 12, 2007

Come Dine with Me

I suspect most ordinary people have things to do on a Sunday afternoon. Visit the grandparents. Take the kids to the park. Go shopping. etc etc. For me its 'The Archers', the daily walk and then ironing, proper cooking and erm TV. More 4 being my current friend.

Aside from 'Location, Location, Location', 'Relocation, Relocation, Relocation', and 'Property Ladder' - it also has this simple daytime TV gem.

'Come Dine with Me' brings together 5 strangers who love to hold dinner parties. Each night for a week they cook and entertain and get marked by the rest of the group. End of the week one with most marks wins £1000.

This afternoon the 5 back to back episodes were in Ayr. After the shock of being cooked for by a White Witch our 5 settled down for a week of laughter. So I just want to thank Forbes for making me laugh SO much! Leek & Tattie soup - with leek tops and potato peelings in trotters broth. Yum! Pigs Trotters and butter beans for mains - Yum Yum! And a rhubarb (poached in too much waters and sieved through kitchen paper) crumble gently very burnt in the oven. His main course menu cost 90p. It was hilarious.

I guess you had to watch it to fully embrace the comedy of life. But for me I was lulled from my 'snooze' to crying with laughter.

A gem indeed.

No comments: