Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Now we are 2

Erm. Not me of course. Blog is 2. 2 years old. Young.
Apologies for the dirge & riddles on here the last few months. What can I say? My head and heart have been pulled in a variety of ways. It's not quite over, not really, but choosing not to talk about my 'feelings' on here may help. I am 10 weeks sans ciggies. My brother has just got a new job and seems very happy - I speak to him in an arranged conversation on Thursday. I am on my own regime to get rid of bum bags. I lied to a friend and said I had been pole dancing when really I had been out drinking and laughing. I am to all intents and purposes functioning. Neither happy nor sad. Slightly hurt and rather angry. But generally keeping my dignity.
So instead meaningless phrases.
Love is a many splendid thing.
Love makes the world go round.
Love hurts.
Love will tear us apart.
Lovecats.
W.H.A.T.I.S.T.H.I.S.F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E.
Lovey.
Love/Hate.
Please feel free to add your own.
As for me I'll never fall in love again.
Then again when were Deacon Blue ever right? Best shirk the dignity too then!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday 2 today xxx

Ps You forgot L-O-V-E by Al Green

PC Anonymous

Anonymous said...

i had forgotten about Deacon Blue... thanks for bringing them back to me!

Love is too easy for pop song titles - they are all about love. How about songs about sideboards?

ps was it really love then? or is that too much of a statement regarding feelings?

Anonymous said...

'Songs for swingin lovers' or of course that well known song by Dionne Warwick 'All the love in the world' or 'Love will keep us together' ah thats how come 37 yrs have elapsed. I could go on forever 'Love is a many splendid thing' or so they say x

Karoona said...

Only Love can break your heart.

Is this Love?

You know the truth is .. the truth is what I 'felt'. And I don;t feel now!

I do know I 'feel' erm okay sense now as if I have lost a friend and I am not sure if it was worth it.

Love is Blindness.

Anonymous said...

The Sideboard Song - Chas n Dave.
Easy!

Anonymous said...

You are right - the end of a relationship even a phantom one can feel like a bereavement - a phantom bereavement if you will - mourning the loss of something that never was - and because of that very non-existence impossible to mourn.

Very painful.

We are with you... hang on in there

Anonymous said...

Well done, baggy for getting the obvious one. That was in my mind when I posted - anything to get Deacon Blue out of my head - but are there any others.

Must be a Smiths song with one in - it is such a Morriseey piece of furniture.