Sunday, November 25, 2007

Lost Dogs

A few other good PJ lyrics...my advice - go listen and feel...

No Way
Here's a token of my openness
Of my need to not disappear
How I'm feeling so revealing to me
I found my mind too clear
I just need someone to be there for.. me
I just want someone to be there for.. me

All the static in my attic a
Shoots down my side nerve
To the ocean of my platitudes
Longitudes latitudes it's so absurd
I just need someone to be there for..
I just want someone to be there for..
Someone to be there for..

'Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference
I'm not trying to make a difference
I'll stop trying to make a difference

No way {2X}
Ooh, let's call in an angel {3X}

'Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference
I'm not trying to make a difference
I'll stop trying to make a difference
No way
'Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference
I'm not trying to make a difference
I'm not trying to make a difference
No way No way, no way
Let's call in an angel

Who's calling an angel?

Corduroy

The waiting drove me mad
You’re finally here and I’m a mess
I take your entrance back
Cant let you roam inside my head
I don’t want to take what you can give
I would rather starve than eat your bread
I would rather run but I cant walk
Guess I’ll lay alone just like before

I take the varmints path I must refuse your test
push me and I will resist
This behaviour’s not unique
I don’t want to hear from those who know
They can buy but can’t put on my clothes
I don’t want to limp for them to walk
Never would have known of me before
I don’t want to be held
In your debt
I’ll pay it of in blood let, I be wed

I’m already cut up an half dead
I'll end up alone like I began

Everything has chains absolutely nothing’s changed
Take my hand not my picture spill my tincture

I don’t want to take what you can give
I would rather starve than eat your breast
All the things that others want for me
Cant buy what I want because its free
Cant buy what I want because its free
Cant be what you want because I’m…

I aint supposed to be just fun
To live and die let it be done
I figure I’ll be dammed
All alone like I began

Hail Hail

Ah is there room for both of us? Both of us apart?
Are we bound out of obligation? Is that all we've got?
I get the words and then I get to thinkin'
But I don't want to think I want to feel!
How do I feel? And how do I...

If you're the only one well I'll never be enough yeah...
Hail hail the lucky ones I refer to those in love yeah...

I swore I'd love you till the day I died...ah and beyond...
Are we going to the same place? If so, can I come?
It's egg rollin' thick and heavy...all the past we carry...
Oh, I could be new...you underestimate me...
If you're the only one, well I'll never be enough, yeah...
Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love, yeah...

I sometimes realize...I could only be as good as you'll let me...
Are you woman enough to be my man? Bandaged hand in hand... Yeah...

I find I'm on the run in a race that can't be won, yeah...
All hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love, yeah...
If you're my only one...so good, you only one...
I want to be your one...enough, you won...your one...your hun...

Rearviewmirror

I took a drive today
Time to emancipate
I guess it was the beatings made me wise
But I'm not about to give thanks or apologize
I couldn't breathe holdin' me down
Hand on my face kissin' the ground
Enmity gauged united by fear
'Posed to endure what I could not forgive...

I seem to look away
Wounds in the mirror waved
It wasn't my surface most defiled
Head at your feet fool to your crown
Fist on my plate, swallowed it down
Enmity gauged, united by fear
Tried to endure what I could not forgive

Saw things
Clearer Once you, were in my...Rearview mirror...
I gather speed from you f**king with me
Once and for all I'm far away I hardly believe, finally the shades...are raised...hey...
Saw things so much clearer
Once you, once you...
Rearview mirror
Saw things so much clearer
Once you...oh yeah...

Low Light
Clouds roll by
Reeling is what they say
Or is it just my way?
Wind blows by low light
Side tracked low light
Can't see my tracks your scent way back
Can I be here all alone?
Clear a path to my home
Blood runs dry
Books and jealousy tell me wrong
All I feel calm

Voice blows by low light
Car crash low light
Can't wear my mask your first my last
Voice goes by
Two birds is what they'll see
Getting lost upon their way
Wind rolls by, low light
Eye sight, low light
I need the light
I'll find my way from wrong, what's real?
The dream I see

Pilate
Talk of circles and punching out
Looking in drawing circles down
Falling up the south marking ground
Talking out of turn drawing circles down
Like Pilate I have a dog
{3X} {Obeys listens kisses loves}
Walks me out of town
Still one's a crowd
Making angels in the dirt
Looking up looking all around

Like Pilate I have a dog
{2X} {Obeys listens kisses loves}
Stunned by my own reflection
It's looking back, sees me too clearly
And I swore I'd never go there again
Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down, you down, you down
Like Pilate, I have a dog
{4X} {Obeys, listens, kisses, loves}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a second there I thought "PJ? PJ and Duncan?".

I was about to get majorly worried.

Anonymous said...

For a second there I thought "PJ? PJ and Duncan?".

I was about to get majorly worried.

Karoona said...

Can you see the truth?

Did you see it for a third time too?

PJ = Pearl Jam - and not the ever thinning PJ Harvey or in deed PJ and Duncan who we all loved!! ;-)