Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Swimming

This evening was made moderately surreal by the life guard using the acoustics to sing as a warm up - Christmas carols and then as the evening progressed... songs from the musical Joseph and his amazing techni-coloured dream coat.. quite uplifting as it goes! The evening started oddly. Late phone calls and emails to sort before I could leave office. Then I kicked a cricket bail across the road. Tsk. We are world champions!
The pool was empty bar 3 synchro girls (which is what my colleagues had begged me to try earlier that day). But summer is here and the sun shines in - the pool looks all sparkly and inviting.. and until the human wave machine hurled himself in I could have been anywhere. 40 lengths later and its time to wash and dry and go. Hopefully tonight I will sleep OK.. no fitful dreams, aching anticipation for something that isn't going to happen again.
I leave my hair to dry Au Naturale and bop to Human League - Love Action; Tube. And as I surface three very telling songs. Lotus Eaters - The First Picture of You; Go West - We Close our Eyes; Kajagoogoo - Too Shy - well I treat the neighbours to that as I hang out my dampened swimming things. The sun and the clouds all look amazing this evening. The clouds really crazy and bold shapes... tops.
Home. Tea - soup n ryvitas and Eastenders and musical downloading. Now must be time for kip... eyes ache...
Karoona

No comments: