Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New Government...

Oh dear lord. Public school boys running the country. FB has gone mental with vitriol. So has Facebook!
Does prove one thing though - Neil Spencer's stars for the week were indeed quite quite true about Tuesday being the day of decisions. He also said that the planet of communication sapping Mercury was moving from the skies... does this mean my cloud will lift too?
Well today I headed up to Bletchley to catch up with my old chum and former work colleague Camilla. She was a little under the weather - tummy bug - but we made the best of the day and chatted idly about all sorts of things. It was a relief to juts sit and talk. No worries about who else would hear. I was sober and thoughtful. It helps that many of the characters in the story she knows, so there is context. I am sure ears were burning across the land!
My morning started really oddly though. I had gone to bed a little less tense and wound up over a sense of loss/loneliness. And fell asleep relatively quickly. But midway through the night whilst still asleep I had total consciousness and lots of images flashed before my eyes - as if it was my final hours. It was very disconcerting and I recall I felt at one scared but also at ease. The images - I have no idea. Was my life flashing before my eyes or was just a sequence of recent events - speeded up and proving that despite the hurt - I would survive?
Either way I woke in a trance like state. I washed and dressed but then the time vortex that happens between me getting ready and leaving house set in. I fretted about locked doors/windows/turned off appliances. I haven't been that wound up about those things for days. Then the front door. Then which tube to get to Euston and worse a total lack of confidence at the ticket office. I ended up buying two lots. What happened to me? I was a walking zombie.
It was not until I was on the train checking out landmarks and watching as the built up became the greened out. Berkhamsted. The home of Ed Reardon (one of my favourite radio progs now mostly on R7). It looked very idyllic - with the canal side pubs and narrow boats. As we drifted further north my mood relaxed. I could appreciate the sun and blue skies and the colours of the English countryside. So much so I actually did what I always set out to do but rarely ending up actually doing - I had bought my journal. I wrote in it. All sorts of observations about my journey - and places and my feelings as I moved. I always relish a train journey - finding it hard to read preferring to look out the window and absorb the great out doors. Piecing together my country via train as opposed to via foot (the way I piece together London). It helped that I had a carriage end to myself, no distractions and no fear of looking pretentious. Leighton Buzzard and then Bletchley - home of that machine!
My day was laid back. Cups of tea. A rant about work. Love. Men. Future. Camilla genuinely amazed at how much weight I have lost. We sat and watched some of the Tracy Anderson Method... she works out via dance - I was quite jealous because my flat has barely enough room to swing a cat - let alone my arms and legs the way she was! Hey if Madge likes her - then in my current state I too am likely too be swayed!! I was bouncing like that on Saturday in the local pub!
All too soon it was time to return. The fast train delayed so I was able to be back to Euston by 7.30pm. I day dreamed as the train trundled south. As I departed I finally conceded and put my MP3 player back in my ears - for some reason Pet Shop Boys called. West End Girls. Tube - the long way to home. As I got out of the tube station the sky was a mean grey with a brilliant orange glower beneath it. It looked at once amazing and menacing. I swaggered as I walked home. My day had been good - positive. Not a waste of 8 hours as several have recently felt. I miss my friends being so close. So I have been fortunate to catch up with two trusted confidantes and advisers in the space of 4 days.
Home then. To a text message of disgust. Planetface in pieces that Scameron was PM.. oh my god. The Tories are back, with a Lib-Dem as Deputy PM. Its a heaving mass of poo.
Mix blue n yellow and what do you get...bilious green perchance...it's not going to be pretty either way - so watch this space for more news....
Oh and I read that GFC are putting on hold contract talks with 14 players... key ones at that. They'll be gone before you can say Mark Stimson should have stayed in non-league football...
My mood... still better than it has been. Seeing a mum and child so content and happy is a perfect tonic to any ills.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello horray what a nice day for the eton rifles...Weller never wrote anything more true

We're all fxxxxd Pc Anon

Karoona said...

Tops tune... better than the Bring Me Sunshine ditty they were using on the radio this morning to define our new powers that be... it won't last...