Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Twerp

I wasn't going to blog today - but having just read this story I had to have a quick rant...

HOW dare he?!

Scally told BBC Radio Kent: "After Saturday, I'm disappointed, disillusioned, disenchanted and pretty disgusted by their reaction."

Following what can best be described as the most depressing game I have ever seen at Priestfield he has the gaul to be disgusted by US??
I for one did not boo. I rarely do. In fact most of those sat round me did not boo either. We were all too stunned/shocked Booing of itself never changed very much and right now I want to make changes.

Scally said: "Mark has come into a very difficult situation, he has had a lot of internal politics to deal with - there have been a number of players that have caused a few problems around the club which is unacceptable."

Erm and we seem to have got rid of players who are making their mark elsewhere in the Division - come back Danny Jackman all is forgiven based on the Northampton Town rise to success. Someone sanctioned the spending on players who have all but proved to be frankly ineffectual.

I am no expert but I can tell if a player has got it or not. Going out to Barnet in the cup was a low point. Bring back Iffy I say! Bring back Jarvis, Brown, even Hess! We need some leadership and dare I say it, some elder statesmen in the squad to direct this ship. Right now we have a team of nearly-made-it-to-the football-league-until-demented-Gills-took-us-on players. I so wanted to have the faith that youth could turn us round. But this league is tough and but for administration stripping other clubs of points we would be BOTTOM.

What's going on? Are we being driven down the leagues so the ground can be sold quicker and the team moved to some out-of-Medway place? Has the Bank finally decided to make us pay?

Whatever is happening I am deeply concerned that the future is not bright and certainly not paved with gold.

Accrington Stanley anyone?

No comments: