Sunday, March 30, 2008

Gillingham 0 - Carlisle Utd 0

It was a game of sheer of determination. Or was that me in my efforts to actually get there? Yes I left the house at noon and thanks to no Victoria Line and a engineering works I got to Gillingham Station at 2.40pm. Got to the ground amid chilly and wet weather.

We played better than usual and I refute the BBC's websites description - that the game was dire. We tried bloody hard and with Oli and Jackson up front we looked more eager than before to score. The shame of the game was that we were unable to get a last minute goal and take the 3 points. The saving grace? Those around us losing. Still we are in the bottom 4 and 4 points adrift of Crewe. The home game Tuesday is critical.

So at 4.55 I was pegging it to the station to catch a 5.10 bus. I got home at 7.30pm. What a day. What a total waste of 5 hours of my life! Tube. Train. Train. Bus. RUN!!

UTG -- see you all again on Tuesday.

No comments: