Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Neutral Stitch

And there was I struggling to describe my new suit purchase... thanks Next - though why I thank them when they failed to charge me for a skirt, and neglected to take a security tab off something else which meant I had to go back as the alarm went off and then having a conscience I queried what she had charged me. Wish I hadn't bothered for the shop assistant cared.. no thanks or acknowledgement. Just that'll be x pounds please. Charming. What would you have done? 'Fessed up or gone home feeling up in the wallet department?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do not try being honest in a Bar Gascon - that's £80 I won't see again.

Karoona said...

bearing in mind its 'let the buyer beware' you'd think that gives us licence to make the most of such windfalls. why are we too honest?

Anonymous said...

'cos we are moral people who understand that society exists because we take cognisance of basic decencies and if we all started doing this the whole thing would unravel - it's like a mass deusional conjuring trick and it only takes once person to start off the unravelling.

Or we are cowards and are afraid of getting told off.

Karoona said...

i think in my case I am a coward or i fear being cuaght on CCTV and then lifted next time i go into next... fear. So yes a coward. My folks would say principled.