Sunday, January 13, 2008

Farmers

Market - in Wimbledon Park was my destination this morning. And what a glorious morning it was. Clear, crisp and bright. I could have walked for miles - which in truth I did. But it was the sort of day I could have walked until dusk. I did not quite manage that - but buoyed on by the Channel Four food fight season I thought it prudent to check out my local sources of organic and fresh food. The farmers market was to say the least hidden from this less than Wimbledon regular - despite sharing a postcode I am not sure that most people realise how varied the people and places are within SW19. The walk there was though pretty revealing as it takes you passed Plough Lane - which is no longer a football ground but a huge housing development. So if I can find quarter of a mill I can have the pleasure of purchasing a nice new flat but not a view. As it looked yesterday none of them are finished yet and to the rear of the development, the central hub for which can only be the starting point for all the electricity pylons I take photos of whilst out and about. Nice.
Go over the railway bridges for some fantastic views of central London and head into deepest Wimbledon. The market is at a school and it was positively buzzing. Lots of well to do types, arty crusty types and well just a real sense of sunshine and freshness. I did not purchase any fish, meat or veg. It was though tempting. I shall wait until I have a reason to purchase nice veg and cooking for more than myself. Mm. I can taste it now!
Home. Washing out. Cleaned down fridges/freezer hadn't realised how filthy they were! Oops. Dinner - Tasty tasty kale and spud soup followed by baked apples with apricot filling. Yum Yum! Ironing. And then I indulged and watched 3 of the 4 episodes of The Buddha of Suburbia. Spot that train journey into London! I had forgotten how promiscuous the characters were.. naughty! Is suburbia really like that? I suspect not.
The I watched 'Catch me if you Can' on Beeb 3. Then bed.

No comments: