Sunday, January 06, 2008

Bowie - 1993


Back in 1993 I was living in a small terrace house in Bridge Road Leicester. My bedroom was at the front and had a hideous fake stone fire place and surround (in a non-student house it would have been a front room/lounge). I was living there with Jo and Helen. It was the year I started smoking and the year I discovered how cool Freakscene and being seen in the Uni clubs/bars could be. Bit late really as it was also my final year at Uni.
I mention this as it was also the start of my now deep held fascination for all things Bowie.
The Buddha of Suburbia was the one programme all three of us watched together - tea and wine. The green 3 piece suite and our walls of fame.
The incidental music was all written and performed by Sir David of Bowie of Bromley Kent. It was the first album of his I ever bought and just recently I have been o-d'ing on Mr Bowie's work on my MP3 player. Random. The tracks for this album always take me back to that house. 44 Bridge Road. I read the book, I own the soundtrack and just 15mins ago I managed to source the DVD on the Beeb Shop website. Cool!

No comments: