Sunday, January 06, 2008

FAC 3rd Round

It's OK - I haven't spent all day checking out pointless web things. Honest! Just the last 15mins!
I got to bed at 3am (this creative writing stuff plays havoc with your body clock) and was up and ready to go walking at 10am. So I went for my 4 miles in an hour sweep round SW19. The sun was out and the sky as clear and blue as the autumnal mornings I pictured before Christmas. The pre Christmas bustle gone and the post sales bun fight seemingly over, Wimbledon was pretty quiet.
Home and time to tidy and remove the Xmas evidence. This became a full blown sort and chuck out session so my plan to go to the cinema and watch Lust, Caution went right out the window. I have though another bag for the charity shop in the bath and put a good pile of magazines and newspapers in the recycle box. I spoke too soon about the Up Neighbours. I now have a white cabinet and broken drawers outside my bedroom window. And the dog poo was even further distributed following the dustman and recycle man's visits. Nice.
Over Christmas Mum gave me the latest WW cookbook and the lentil casserole looked rather tasty so I pootled to Tesco to stock up on veg and fruit. Cleaned oven. Cooked tea. Ate tea. Very tasty! So well over the 5 fruit and veg portions!
So why FAC 3rd Round? Well all day Radio Five has been my company bringing the magic of the FA Cup into my flat. Tho the Gills aren't there I have some very vivid and positive memories of our ventures in 3rd Round world. I envy Oldham and Huddersfield their successes today - there's no better feeling than stuffing a Premiership side! I did watch the 2nd half of Villa and Man U - but it was for the most part uninspiring. The final will doubtless be too. But for this weekend each January hardy fans with little or no successes to look forward too each season spend this day in the hope of some glory and exposure. Love it! For the full scores and round up - check out Mr BBC! Tomorrow in between funny Green Men and river side pleasures I'll be hoping for some further upsets! Come on Stoke (never thought I'd say that...)

No comments: