Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wednesday

I slept badly. At some point I woke and went to the loo but originally it was because I thought I was going to be sick. Was it the red bush tea before sleep OR the week over its BBE date chicken soup? At 4am I thought was at my parents house and the light which shines in my bedroom from the landing was on. I then re-stirred and realised I was in London. Suspect this was premonition that Dad back okay from Accrington.
Woke up on alarm of 6am, been dreaming of Lisa and a random set of v sociable people - got up a bit later after considering the benefits of staying put for another hour. Did not stay put. Shower. Radio Five.
Left house and thought was late - was early - tube station 7.36am
One train came in - too busy - so got on next one.
Read Vol 2 of Virgina Woolf Dairy. Hard work so jumping between text and footnotes.
8.05am Bank station. Escalators.
Walk. Starbucks for coffee - using my vouchers. Arrive at office and fairly swiftly after most of the seniors are in too.. its not even 8.30am yet.
Check email accounts. Prep for meetings. Answer emails. Mini advises me that Rules of Love book was a useful tool for her and spouse over weekend.
10am go to a meeting about data standards and observe as various people share experiences and challenges.
Lunch - is a sandwich affair whilst looking at an intranet solution. Entertainment.
Meet and greet consultant. Faff about trying to get a laptop working for him to use. Give up and let him use mine. Thus end up sitting at a different desk - in turn find myself talking to more people and getting involved where needed.
Book meetings for next week. Arbitrate other issues. Do as instructed by boss.
Run Project meeting for people project.
Update absence sheet. Write shopping list. Check mail. Reply to Camilla who has kindly taken time to reply to my monologue sent this morning. Instruct Dad that yes Brentford is on for me and instruct him to be in London w/e 13th Feb for his 70th b-d. Write this and prep to go home.
Home via Next Cheapside then loop back to Waterloo. Tube. Sainsbury. Check b-d cards - only choice of 2 for 70 yo. Buy milk and other useful food products. Home cook my waiting homemade fish pie. Eat whilst watching Relocation and BTA.
Respond to text from Planetface. Update this entry. Will shortly ferret off to bed, to write diary and of course sleep fitfully to Radio 7.

2 comments:

Baggy said...

These are the days of our lives...

Karoona said...

Days when you can't see wrong from right.. if you get a chance go under the stairs...