Monday, January 18, 2010

Beer

Erm - this week has seen rather a lot of alcohol consumed. Much of it unplanned too.
Wednesday - meeting and greeting the Americans - ended up having 3 pints of London Pride, plus too many pies.
Thursday night - the anniversary of Sparky's mum's death I bumped into him @ the Internet cafe and went for a beer... 4 pints of Bombardier.
Friday night - out on my 'hot date' with Lisa I drank a bottle of white wine plus a large glass of white wine. To be fair so did she. I did not fall down an escalator. Nor did she. And when the group of 4 lads in their early twenties thought they could chat us up I did not succumb or believe them. Nor did she. Nor when I had moved seats did I lose my Blackberry which had fallen out onto the seat. We did though have a very good chat about men, friends and all the stuff women in their mid 30's talk about. The economy. Public transport and holiday policies. Fun huh!?
Saturday - saved myself with 3 pints of water at 3am. Saved. Way better than head last Saturday am.
So Sunday 17th January - no alcohol. And no ciggies. Detox starts here. Fed up with fall outs, memory black spots and wasted hours in pain. I shall seek social gratification in other forms - already have 2 trips to the theatre lined up for February... bring it on! Opera and ballet - try something new this year... happiness.

No comments: