Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Surplus

Getting myself in utter knots at the minute and I'm sure its for no reason at all - just me thinking and analysing every last action and word and putting 6 and 6 together to come up with 30. I suspect the worse is about to happen and I am going to be crushed.
Had a slightly uncomfortable lunch.
Had an afternoon writing personas.
After work went for a walk before the predicted snow arrives to ruin the London pavements.
Went to the supermarket.. oh my god. Anyone would think the world was about to end... no bread, no eggs, no milk and veg - what was that? The local community have bought up everything. So with this and the possibility of failing gas supplies - could this be the start of riots on the streets of the UK.. minding the ice and treacherous conditions of course? As a population I suspect we have all got too complacent and reliant on our consumerist rights... well -2 degrees and no heat/food will soon make us appreciate some simpler things again. Whilst in said supermarket there was a contretemps at the til and then conversely a couple arm in arm choosing pregnancy testing kits. Life. Do you feel it passes you by?
Thankfully there is a lively game of footie on the radio cos the TV options ce soir are DIRE!

No comments: