Friday, September 05, 2008

Rock of Love...2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to write this - having just watched what was possibly the least plausible piece of TV I have seen in a while...
In the tumbleweed half hour between Mock the Week and heading to Radio 7's Comedy Zone I was flicking through the Freeview channels, The Sweeney, Friends, Ramsay's Kitchen's Nightmares, Dragons Den Big Brother, My Name is Earl, Flex & Soft....Rock of Love 2... (TMF) where a short arsed aging American 'rock' star lives with a bevvy of semi clad women who are trying to win his heart... I flicked to another channel and back again to see if there was a gremlin in the TV. Oh no. And think 'Rock of Love 2' - this is the second series... The love of his life (for this episode at least) was leaving cos she had to sort her business out at home.. (she was a brunette) the 'babes' left behind were shocked that rock star had let the brunette babe make the decision. The trailer for the next episode includes ex boyfriends and the rock star favourite party girl - who gets all the wannabe Mrs Rockstar's drunk and heaving... I think on this basis my quest for love remains as it is... the thought of living with 19 other women and vying for a blokes attention does absolutely nothing for me... it would be like being a battery hen - no day light, strange feeding rituals, odd grooming rights and plenty of clucking and squawking for attention.
However for those of you who missed 'Mock the Week' - it was good but what was Lauren Laverne on there for?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren seems to have been wheeled on to quizzes like "have I Got News.." etc for some years yet.

Am not sure what I think of her, though was shocked to discover she was the voice behind "Don't Falter" by Mint Royale.

Karoona said...

She is ace on the culture show - but as a 'comedy' guest.. mmm. Not so sure it worked.