Tuesday, September 02, 2008

R.I.P

The English game of football.
The new dawn reveals Man Utd and Man City spending squillions and the fans getting het up about the fact that maybe City can outwit Utd and test their class.
I find myself ranting at the radio (not for the first time) about how narrow minded and short sighted this move is. The Premiership has no care or concern for the wider football league. It's sucked the life out it and somehow the lower divisions are expected to survive on far far far less than a single transfer paid by the money men of the higher division.
Surely at some point there has to come a football equivalent to a recession? I sure hope so - let them suffer in the same way that the Luton's, Rotherham's and Bournemouth's have suffered. And don't tell me the fans of these clubs love their club any less - in truth they probably love it more. But then where did love and loyalty ever get anyone in this society of me me me and money money money?
Roll on Saturday and another pitiful defeat for the England side - demotivated to play for their country cos the income from that is paltry in comparison. Bah.

No comments: