Monday, September 01, 2008

Music

This weekend I bought some c-d's - the first time in ages!! Mainly because all my other stuff has the digital protection on it so I can't upload to my portal DAB n MP3 (my mainstay at the gym now!)
So it was upbeat tunes I was in search of... my choices...
Ministry of Sound - Anthems 1991-2008
Ministry of Sound - Chilled 1991-2008
Madonna 'Hard Candy'
UNKLE 'Psyence Fiction'
Oasis 'Stop the Clocks'
Does anyone remember the Bucketheads and The Bomb! (These Sounds Fall into My Mind)? Or Grace 'It's not over yet' - total flashback to club nights in Leicester - to Sarah Thomas and dancing like a mad thing! Brilliant!
Not sure yet about 'Hard Candy' - it doesn't feel on first listen as if it has the groove of Confessions on the Dancefloor... again I may change my mind after a few more listens.
As for UNKLE I first laid my paws on that in 2000 when I was living with Baggy, unemployed and relying on Wimbledon Music Library to provide me with cheap entertainment (well apart form that which I derived from the Guardian soul mates!) and this album wore thin on the cassette from so many plays.. so good to have in proper format! As for Oasis - what can I say - I never bought the albums and Wonderwall is a great song - plus 'Acquiesce' is on it and apparently that song reminded Zig of me so I think some years later I should at least listen to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bucketheads = ZOOTS on a Wednesday evening!