Monday, September 29, 2008

Rock n Roll

Been a busy week - lots to get stuck into - places and people. Where to start really?
Monday I went to the Bank. To talk money and futures. It was heartening in these less than perfect economic days. I go through the day at work, went swimming and did 30 lengths in 25mins. Neck ache temporarily forgotten.
Tuesday. I detoured from team drinks to celebrate impending wedding. For some reason the social side of my work life feels less significant than it once did. Maybe a year on my reflection sees a different face. I did tho go to the gym and on the way to the tube pop my head round the door and wish said colleague all the best. Marriage in Hong Kong - long weekend! So weird being one of the senior members of staff and watching as all around me mature, buy houses, get married and have children. I feel like the static character whilst the world whizzes passed. And yet I am growing to like that sensation..
Wednesday. Day off to acknowledge the life and times of Gucci the dog. Mazza and Rosie were treated to the FB tour of London complete with umbrella. Yes it rained as we stood under a tree in St James Park. I suspect it was a case of two's company and three's a crowd but they got to see a fair bit of London (I walked them a good 8 miles) and fed and watered them. It was good to see Mum so animated. She and Rose go back to when my mum was working, before me and during the era of meeting my dad and escaping her mum. It is so obvious how much my Mum idolises Rose. Rosie and I have a connection - her influence helped stir me to take action and return to studies - the Bar - well why not aim high. What a fateful retirement do my Dad had. Rosie and I are quite alike. She lives by herself - through choice and has a stubborn streak much like me. Yet we are not related but my Mum fears us both for our opinions and views. So as you can imagine the day was filled with memories and the grouses of less London-lite people. I'm sure they had fun - but the way they ran to catch the 7.04 train suggests they were ready to return to green and pleasant Kent.
Thursday. Ah Thursday. Spent all day in pain. Neck and eyes causing misery - but it was a day on non-stop meetings. My ideal to go to the gym paled when I realised I was better off wandering home and relaxing. Long day.
Friday. A morning trip to the doctors. And today an unusual event - one of the team celebrated their last day. Team lunch and beers. The day was busy. And come 5.30 I was off and out to see a piece of my past in a play. I was clearly not popular for this decision, but even as a static character I cannot be in two places at once. So to Tonbridge I went.
Saturday. FOOTIE! Sunshine and hugs.
Sunday. Washing and pre-Monday prep.
But ah - the week ahead is but short as I indulge is several days off!!
And now this overview is complete I can focus in on some of the more interesting parts of the week...

No comments: