Monday, May 26, 2008

Walkabout...

Ray Mears - genius! Kangaroo poo makes fire... tops Sunday TV. Thank you Mr BBC.
'Desert'
Ray Mears is in desert survival mode as he follows in the footsteps of an unsung hero of Australian exploration to find out how John McDouall Stuart became the first European to succeed in crossing this continent from South to North and back again. Ray shows how to wring water from these barren lands and how travelling light is the key to success on such an epic journey. cf Beeb website.
----------------------------
While I am here I must apologise to Monty Don - I had a been a little disrespectful during the week following news he had stepped down from Gardners World. I had not at the time realised he had suffered a stroke. Hopefully he gets better soon - because although I pull my Dad's leg about him it's because I quite like his soft unassuming passion for plants. Get well soon Monty.
----------------------------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having been lucky enough to travel through the centre of Aus (albeit on a Scenic Coach trip!) - must say I do remember how barren it was a so so hot but needless to say we didn't feel the need to light a fire!! Agree good programme. As for Monty - I hadn't realised either - I shall miss him - so yes get well soon.