Friday, May 30, 2008

Euro 2008

starts on June 7th... now I had to look that up because of course England failed miserably in qualification and are not there (thank heavens - no hype & nonsense this summer - could we ever top Euro 96?).
So the questions are, will you watch and who will you support??
I am controversially going to cheer on Germany...!!
Et tu?
Meanwhile FIFA want to block the number of foreigners playing at club level.. sadly the EU laws may have something to say about that... pity. But worth a fight I feel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Italy for me!

Germany?!? Pray tell why ...

Karoona said...

Erm - a lingering memory of always getting them in sweepstakes and being made to feel bad about it..winning that it is. At least this year they can't knock England out!!

Anonymous said...

Germany is a good call.

"Wir gehen zum Europaische Finalen"

"Wer bist du, wer bist du, wer bist du"

"Du gehst in der Hause in einem Municapalencorpssack"

Karoona said...

HOORAY!!! Guess I got in the sweepstake - AGAIN!!

Germany for me!!