Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bank Holiday Saturday

Oh dear. I appear to have spent the day dozing on the sofa feeling sorry for myself or playing a cameo part in multiple 'Midsomer Murders'.
I did get up intending to make the most of the weather - I did get all washing dried and nicely aired. I just didn't manage to leave the flat. I had a wash. Had scrambled egg on toast. Listened to a very amusing 'Fighting Talk'. There my day became a blur. A very delayed hangover maybe or just generally feeling run down. References to my shrinking desire have been countered with the suggestion I am depressed. I'll resist that for now. Preferring sleep. ITV3 and DCI Barnaby. Sleep. My ITV3 horoscopes said it would be a lazy day at which I felt immediately better about my lack of activity. Sleep.
To make matters worse all the usual good Sat pm TV was replaced by the Eurovision Song Contest. WHY?!?!?
So no 'Dr Who'. Boo. Or Doctors of Holby. Tea was pasta and sauce.
I gave up on Midsomer when the episodes where ones I had already seen.. and I diverted to Internet to watch 'Waking the Dead' having missed the Tuesday episode. Intent on going to bed at a reasonable hour I found that Friends Reunited is now free to mail friends on and as time ticked by it was clear I was going to fail in quest for reasonable bedtime. I started doing some research for my Mum about her Dad. The Internet is supposed to make that stuff easier. To a point it does but there are lots of sites now trying to cash in on family tree stuff... and so I got lost in my parents parents past... and before I knew it had gone midnight and I was cold.... that said evenings like this are quite good... time seems to stop and only when you look up do you realise the mind and brain and have been on journeys no TV prog could ever capture.
Bed, get warm and Radio BBC 7 - play about Billy Fury.

No comments: