Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What does it take?

Somehow I have ended up back on this train of thought again (I'm leaving Morton Harket for another day)...only this time I think I have been trying to rekindle some sense of the lust I had for the front man... a sensation I don't think I have had since those days back when. Reality and fantasy dream world seeming to be a mile or so apart. During my whistle stop tour of Kent I once more dipped into the vinyl record collection. What does it take? 12in version played twice. Quite loud. I just touched the roots of all those feelings again. When did I last think about a bloke so intently? Such passion? Such longing. Such imaginative situations. And now - I can't remember the last time I looked twice at anyone in everyday life (actually that is a bit of a lie.... Easter - Good Friday on the train/rail replacement bus service... the Brian Molko lookalike who got on at Meopham and disembarked at Chatham - he had it - but he was probably 10 years my junior - good curtain hair though). Okay so there was that incident quite recently. But nothing/no-one to spur me into to 'risky' gear. No note dropping on bicycles; under car wind screens; in newspapers etc etc, all the exercises I thought were acceptable methods of getting to know the object of your desire 10+ years ago. But not since. Not even a rogue Valentines card to stir the pot of lust.

So I have dug out my Sony Walkman - the cassette version, so I can listen to my TJ tapes and then I recalled I had my Then Jerico video with me here in London - all 5 songs of it! All 5 songs of Mark Shaw looking doe eyed and risque at me.. I have to remind myself that he no longer looks like that! I mean we are both 20 years older... me a mere 34, he now 45.. crikey 46 on the 10th June - a date I have never forgotten.

SO where has this got me? Not sure really. I suspect I am not alone in my idle rewinds of fancy - I mean Jo here has a whole website devoted to the boys but for me has it re-awakened any pulses? Ah well that for the time being would be telling. BUT I have been singing into my hair brush in front of the mirror.. that alone is a pretty good tonic for any sort of desperation! (Not that I am - not after suffering the woman at S/B station who was on her phone NON-STOP all the way to London... look love - you do exist whether or not you are talking to a n other... just stop sharing it with everyone else. I turned my MP3 player up and tried really hard not to lose my patience with the 'sweet' child sat opposite me who keep kicking me.... GRR) I do know one thing though - I still know all the words to 'Play Dead', 'The Hitcher' and 'The Happening'... scary as I can't remember a thing about Tort, Contract, Land Law... Oh well. It's Big Area and sometimes you break me up inside....must look more closely when sprinting through Tooting tho... long haired Mr Shaw... I have some questions!

I did have another thought to share - but it has gone now. Sorry.

But Derby won and went up. The more I type the less I think about having a ciggy. Which is as well. None since Friday pm.

Oh yeah - what does it take to get through a WET COLD Bank Holiday Monday?!
Music music music .....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's closer to my age, which means he's mine, all mine :P

Karoona said...

Well check out the pictures on the official site and you may well change your mind!! Gone a tad seedy!? Widened?!? Plus I live closer so technically he is mine!!